- Balthazar De Ley: Technician (studio tech, Oceania)
- Billy Corgan: Vocals
; Additional Instruments (sitar)
- Bjorn Thorsrud: Production (Oceania)
- David Bottrill: Mixing (Oceania)
- Geoff Benge: Technician (guitar, Oceania)
- Greg Norman: Technician (studio, Oceania)
- Jason Willwerth: Engineering (assistant, Oceania)
- Jeff Schroeder: Guitar
- Keith Brown: Drums/Percussion (congas, EP1)
- Kerry Brown: Production (EP1-2)
- Kevin Dippold: Vocals (backing, Oceania)
; Engineering (additional)
- Linda Strawberry: Vocals (backing, EP1)
- Mark Tulin: Bass (EP1-2)
- Mike Byrne: Vocals
- Nicole Fiorentino: Vocals
- Ryan Grostefon: Engineering (Oceania)
- Sam Wiewel: Engineering (Oceania)
- Stephen Marcussen: Mastering (EP1-2)
- Ysanne Spevack: Strings (violin, EP1)
New Smashing Pumpkins album, as announced by Billy here [spfc mirror]. The album is to feature 44 songs, all available for free, released one at a time. There will also be 11 limited edition 4-track EPs, which are said to be "more like mini-box sets rather than your normal cd single", and a final "deluxe box set", which will "not be a recompilation of the limited edition pieces".
The TbK entry on SP's official web site (as of 2012/06/01) lists Lightning Strikes and Owata as part of "Volume 3", albeit with no subtitle, and Oceania is listed on a separate page.
First download release dates (MTWRF weekday in parentheses):
- 2009/12/07 (M) - A Song for a Son
- 2010/01/21 (R) - Widow Wake My Mind (+45 days)
- 2010/03/02 (T) - A Stitch In Time (+40d)
- 2010/04/16 (F) - Astral Planes (+45d)
- 2010/05/25 (T) - (physical release) EP01 w/ Teargarden Theme (+39d)
- 2010/07/06 (T) - Freak (+42d since EP01, +81d since last DL)
- 2010/09/14 (T) - Spangled (+70d)
- 2010/11/23 (T) - Tom Tom (+60d); (physical release) EP02 w/ Cottonwood Symphony
- 2011/01/12 (W) - The Fellowship (+50d since EP02, +120d since last DL)
- 2011/03/17 (R) - Lightning Strikes (+64d)
- 2011/05/03 (T) - Owata (+47d)
- 2012/06/19 (T) - Oceania (+413d)
Current average: 83.2 days between releases.
- Internet download. Available from amazon, soundcloud (first 7 downloadable tracks), or on smashingpumpkins.com.
- EP "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope Vol. 1 | Songs for a Sailor" is packaged in a silk-screened wooden box (7.25 x 8 x 1.05" / 18.4 x 20.3 x 2.6cm). Each box contains a 4-track CD, a single-sided 1-track 7" vinyl single (Teargarden Theme), and a hand-carved "leopard stone" obelisk, about 2" (5cm) tall.
- EP Vol. 2 "The Solstice Bare" comes in a limited edition silk screened wooden box (12.25" x 12.25" x .5" / 31. x 31.1 x 1.27cm). 10,000 copies worldwide (500 UK).
- "Oceania", conceived as an "album within an album", consisting of 13 songs which are to be considered part of the overall TbK 44. Release plan as of 2011/09/17 was to "make the album available to be HEARD in November, FOR SALE in January!". Initially planned setlist of 12 songs tweeted by Billy on 2011/06/01. Subsequent tweet noted that "all titles are subject to change." "Completed" setlist (with songs marked off with an X) appears on a whiteboard photo w/ Billy giving an "evil hand", posted on 2011/09/17 on facebook and twitter, and "final" setlist in two tweets on 2011/09/23. Finally given an official release date of 2012/06/19 on 2012/03/28.