- "I Am One" is the Gish version.
- 7" Flexi is translucent black and one-sided, given away to promote both the album
and the band's first UK show. On the back of the sleeve
was the following text:
The Smashing Pumpkins have arrived. Their debut LP
"Gish" has just been released on Caroline Records,
following the Sub Pop single "Tristessa".
When the band formed in 1988 in Chicago their first
piece of vinyl (an early demo and instant collectors
item) was a fledgling version of "I Am One", It is
poetic that the same song in its current guise
should herald their arrival in the UK.
* The original date of the show was cancelled, and blue stickers reading "Sept 6th" were used to correct the sleeves.
The Smashing Pumpkins will be playing July 25th* at
The Smashing Pumpkins are: Billy Corgan: Guitar
and Vocals, James Iha: Guitar D'Arcy: Bass,
Jimmy Chamberlin: Drums
"Gish" Is the Album. "Siva" will be the single.
- 12": White Label Promo on black vinyl in Hut sleeve (black or blue with Hut logo).
- 250 copies pressed for promotional purposes, though less than half are likely intact today, due to the delicate nature of the vinyl.
- 20-25 promotional/test pressings.