- This isn't really a true promo, but due to the many
questions I receive about this particular cassette, it is
included for reference. It is sometimes referred to as the "Gish Basement Tape".
This 5-song sampler tape was distributed in several formats.
It served as a demo tape for booking purposes, but was also
distributed to people associated with the band. There were
about 400 cassettes created for this purpose.
All copies have handwritten labels of varying completeness:
- band name only
- band name and copyright information
- band name, copyright information, track listing
It is known to exist with and without a j-card insert. The
j-card is white, with artwork similar to the Moon demo
cassette. The inside contains booking information.
All versions are from the 1989 Reel Time studio session
that produced the Moon demo cassette.
- "I Am One" & "Not Worth Asking" are identical to the 7".
- "Rhinoceros" is a demo version with a guitar solo.
- "Bury Me" is a demo version.
- "Daydream" is identical to the Moon version.
These versions have surfaced on bootleg CDs, most notably